Mentoring in educational contexts
About this CourseCurso de Formação: 25 horas acreditadas
Destinatários: Professores dos grupos de recrutamento 220 e 330 *
Module 0: Introduction module
Module 1: What is mentoring?
Module 2: Mentoring in Education
Module 3: Making Mentors (I)
Module 4: Making Mentors (II)
Module 5: Developing Skills
Module 6: EVALUATION
• Identify different ideas of mentoring programmes in educational contexts.
• Become familiar with up-to-date research in evidence-based mentoring and its recent developments.
• Understand how/why there is no consensual definition for mentoring and that each project needs to be defined when planned and designed.
• Be able to distinguish between mentoring and other help-based relationships (training, tutoring, coaching, counselling).
• Critically analyse national concepts and projects comparing them to others at an international level.
• Be able to start planning your own mentoring project ideas (either student-student, teacher-students, teacher-teacher, other) with the idea of improving relationships school and leading to improved academic success.
• Develop interpersonal and other “soft” skills — especially as presented in the “Perfil dos Alunos à Saída da Escolaridade Obrigatória”.
• Understand and be able to talk about ethical considerations — especially as proposed by EMCC (European Mentoring & Coaching Council).
• Develop 21st Century Skills and personal development of both mentors and mentees.
ASYNCHRONOUS WORK — the course contains a discussion forum which runs each week after class, which requires participation on the weekend.
You may have 1 hour of other reading or research, and 1 hour (spread over Saturday and Sunday) to interact with each other. The forum discussion ends two days before the next class.
(Remember, if the course were face-to-face, there would probably be a class on the weekend).
If you have doubts or questions about the requirements, you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Releva na dimensão científica e pedagógica para efeitos de progressão em carreira dos Professores dos grupos de recrutamento mencionados (artigo 9º do Regime Jurídico da Formação Contínua).